Friday, March 26, 2010

Tough

I thought having two days off a week was going to be great. But, then I got the wild idea to fill those days with school. One of my classes is a food and media class. I am going to be developing and producing a cooking show that will be submitted at the end of the quarter. I am really excited to get started filming on it next Tuesday. My other class is the soup and sauce class. I look forward to learning new sauces in the weeks to come. Until I learn something new, I have to slow myself down and be patient. The consomme was a challenge, but it turned out really good. The thing about consommes that I don't get is why would someone go through all that time and trouble to have a clear soup? I guess working in high volume restaurants has tainted me a bit. I'm sure there is a place in the culinary world for a clear soup. Just don't ask me to make it for 1000 people. You can find another consomme maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment