Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Duck Ragu with Risotto

For my final in my cooking class I want to make a duck ragu with risotto. I am thinking of making the ragu with duck thighs and topping it off with a seared duck breast. The risotto will probably be cooked with chicken stock and fennel fronds. I know I've done similar, but making the ragu is really going to be my selling point. I plan on using an oil drizzle, or making a glaze to put over the duck. As long as there is carrots, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, garlic, red wine, herbs and spices, duck breast and duck thighs, I should be all right. I might try and find the duck thighs myself. I know most of the other ingredients will be available. For the dessert, I am going to make Apple Fritters with an apricot dipping sauce. The fritters will be easy to do and will go along with my Italian theme. I wonder if a mango chutney would work? Or maybe a mango glaze for the duck breast? Apricot glaze? Hmmmm. Research time!

No comments:

Post a Comment